Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gentlemen, Start Your Horses


This week's entry is in honor of my sister, who when I asked what I should write about, responded "bourbon". Not my favorite liquor, although I do enjoy a Jack and Coke occasionally, but it does make for a delicious ham glaze. She has bourbon on the brain right now because she gets to go to the Kentucky Derby with Manfriend Pat. So jealous. There is nothing like a five second horse race surrounded by hundreds of drunk women wearing gigantic hats. I love that the tradition of the big hat remains. I wish more women wore hats on a daily basis. I remember watching the Kentucky Derby that one time and thinking "huh, this seems...like it could be a fun time..." I'd rather be riding a horse than watching it run around in a circle, but to each their own I guess. Besides, at least at this event, I would be taller than all of the jockeys, which would make me feel superior for at least an entire day. So have fun Melissa and Manfriend Pat. I'll stay behind in Minnesota and drink a mint julep in your honor. "Gentlemen, start your horses!"

No comments:

Post a Comment