Monday, March 29, 2010

On The Road Again

Running isn’t something I ever thought I would enjoy. I did track one year…in 7th grade, and while my coach told me I had one of the best baton hand-offs he had ever seen, I was not known for my speed…

Fast forward fifteen years (woah…) and here I am training for a marathon. I have completed several races already, including the Des Moines Half Marathon, and while I am definitely not going to win any races (nor is that my goal) there is something about tying on a pair of running shoes and going outside for a long run. You totally lose track of everything around you and just go forward. I’m not super fast, and have so far managed to not get passed by pedestrians, but other runners often run around me. Who cares! And while I don’t plan on needing to use my mad baton hand-off skills anytime in the near future, you just never know.

1 comment:

  1. kimberly!
    Looking forward to "keeping up with you" via blogworld. i'm your newest follower. keep it up girlie!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete